What you'll need:
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- - 1/2 lb chorizo
- - 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - cut into small pieces
- - 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked Arborio rice
- - 5 cups chicken broth
- - 1/2 cup white wine
- - 1 pinch saffron
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - 2 tomatoes, chopped
- - 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- -12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add in your onion, garlic, red pepper and rice. You will want to cook for a few minutes until onion is softened and your rice just starts to brown. Then, add in your chicken and chorizo "meat balls" and cook for about 5 minutes.
While that is cooking, heat your wine for about 30 seconds or so in the microwave. It doesn't need to be piping hot but at least room temperature. Add in your 1/2 C white wine which will absorb quickly. Before it has all been absorbed add in about a cup of warm chicken broth.
Stir in your saffron, which is my favorite part!