12.28.2010

Cheesy Potato and Egg Casserole

This is such an easy breakfast dish.  I make it on big group trips because it is a crowd pleaser and so simple to put together.  Pretty basic but who doesn't love cheese, potatoes, and eggs all mixed together?!?!?  I made this Christmas morning in one of my new casserole dishes my wonderful husband bought for me.

You Will Need:
  • 1 dz eggs
  • 1 package Frozen Hash browns (28 - 30oz)
  • 1 C. Sour Cream
  • 1 C Milk
  • 2 C Shredded Cheese (I used Colby Jack but Cheddar works well too)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Chopped Green Onions (Optional)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish

Beat together your Eggs, Milk and Sour Cream.  I added a little bit of salt and pepper here, maybe a tsp of salt and a dash or two of pepper.  I also took out a few egg yolks just to lighten the dish up a little.

Pour your frozen hash browns into your greased pan

Cover with Shredded Cheese

Pour egg mixture over top of potatoes and cheese

Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the eggs are no longer runny.  Mine took almost an hour this time, I think it might have been the new casserole dish.  I also topped with green onions because I just love them and they add some great flavor!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...