3.31.2011

Spring is here... and almost over

I love this time of year in Arizona, the weather is beautiful. It is just starting to warm up but still cool enough at night to leave your windows open.  A few months back I posted about getting our backyard "in shape" for this time of year, you can read about that here:


Well, the Gladys and Freesia are close to sprouting beautiful flowers, we found a canopy top that fits (target online for the same price) and have planted some flowers to replace the few I killed over the winter.  Our grass is still going strong, although some patches are stronger than others, so we have a few more months before we switch to summer grass.

I just love having a pretty space to hang outside and enjoy the weather.  Also, being in my backyard reminds me of my mom.  She loved to have a patio full of flowers and would sit outside every night and read for hours.  (My mom could finish novels in a day, it was crazy how fast that woman read books)  Anyways, here are some shots of our current backyard before the triple digit heat kills everything in sight...

Oh canopy, you are much less skanky with your top on!


The Gladiolas are the tall guys, they will grow another foot or two as the blooms come in.

The little Freesia are sprouting flower buds, yeah!!!



Some other random flowers I have out there...


Of course, dog laying in the grass


Even our Orange Tree is getting into the spring thing!  (We bought this tree almost two years ago from Costco and it has yet to grow any taller.  I have no idea what kind of dwarf tree they sold us but it was not what I expected, that's for sure... and of course it hasn't produced any fruit)

Anyway, loving the backyard right now!  I will post pics of the Gladys when they bloom!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...