12.20.2010

Easy Fudge

I had such high hopes for this weekend, so many things planned and projects to start but it just didn't work how I was hoping.  I spent all day Friday finishing Christmas shopping, found some great deals but also found crowds everywhere I went.  (Terrible drivers and packed malls... not my favorite part of Christmas)  So Saturday I was DETERMINED to do some sort of crafting  - Goodwill was having a 50% off sale and I truly thought I would find something there.  Well, I found silk ties but those are for an exciting project around Easter.  My DIY flashers were not going off, there just wasn't anything I couldn't live without... disappointing.

Sunday I was planning on making a Turkey so we would have food for the week (and something to post about).  I forgot to defrost the sucker... plan aborted.  So, lets make dessert instead!  Off to the store I go.  I had to go to three different grocery stores to find marshmallow fluff, what was happening?!  So by the time I got home I no longer wanted to make whoopie pies (which are awesome but time consuming.)  Defeated and tired I settled on making fudge because darn it, was making SOMETHING this weekend.

Here is what you will need:
  • 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff (if you can find it)
  • 1 bag Semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 bag Dark Chocolate Chip (you can use milk chocolate if you want it to be a little sweeter)
  • 1/4 C. butter
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 2/3 C. Evaporated Milk
  • 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 1/2 C. Sugar 
*** No, I do not have a candy thermometer (jaws drop...) I just eyeball it.  This recipe is hard to mess up but if you have one, bust that sucker out!

    This recipe is really easy but you have to work pretty quickly at the end so I suggest prepping well.
     
    Line an 8x8 pan with tin foil
     Measure out your chocolate first before you begin warming the other ingredients
    Mix your Marshmallow fluff, Sugar, Evaporated Milk, Butter and Salt in a sauce pan and cook over Medium heat  (If you microwave your Marshmallow Fluff for 10-15 seconds, it will come out of the jar easily for you)
    Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly
    Once the mixture has started to boil, start your timer.  Cook for 6 minutes keeping the heat the same and stirring continuously
    It will start to turn a darker color as the sugar caramelizes
    Take the mixture off of the heat and quickly mix in your chocolate
    Add your vanilla and stir until everything is mixed together
    Pour into your pan
    Spread it around
    Chill until the fudge hardens, around 2 hours or so
    I then pull the fudge block out of the pan, carefully peel off the foil and cut into pieces.  This makes a great gift or easy dish to bring to holiday parties. 
    Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...