11.02.2010

My love for Vinegar

So I love to clean and especially love when I can use one (cheap) product that has a TON of uses.  Jason makes fun of me regularly for my obsession with vinegar but I can't help it, seriously this stuff does so much.  Here are some of my favorite uses, feel free to fill me in on any other uses you may have!

  • Clean garbage disposal/drains - Pour vinegar and baking soda down the drain, you can even use old baking soda (like the box in your fridge that doesn't do much anymore) Once it has stopped bubbling, rinse with warm water
  • Get rid of stinky cooking smells (fish, etc.) in the kitchen -Boil 1 Tbs vinegar with 1 C of water
  • Clean your microwave -Fill small bowl or cup with equal parts vinegar and water and microwave for 5 minutes.  The steam loosens everything up for you and deodorizes your microwave too
  • Clean your Floors - Mix 1/3 Vinegar with 2/3 warm water to mop your floors
  • Deodorize Room - Basically home-made febreeze!  Pour vinegar into spray bottle, ta-da!
  • Remove Paint or Smoke Smells - Place a bowl of vinegar in your room, boom done
  • Soothes Sunburns - Yup, just pour vinegar on a cotton ball and wipe over your sunburn
  • Relieves itch from bug bites - Same as above, pour on cotton ball and dab onto your bug bite
  • Moisturizes Dry Skin - Wipe vinegar onto dry, cracked skin OR put 1 C vinegar into your bath water for softer skin
  • Kills unwanted grass and weeds - Pour vinegar directly onto weeds in sidewalk cracks or wherever 
  • Trap Fruit Flies - Place a bowl of vinegar with a splash of cranberry juice on the table, cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it with a fork

I have also grown very fond of Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide.  There are a ton of uses for these too but the main things I use them for:

  • Carpet Deodorizer - I sprinkle baking soda on my carpet, let sit for 10 minutes and vacuum which makes for a great deodorizer
  • Bathroom cleaner - Rinse bathtub with water and sprinkle baking soda on it, makes a great scrub to clean your tub  :)
  • Counter Sanitizer - I pour a little peroxide on my dishrag/sponge and wipe down my counters.
  • Sanitize Cutting Board - After washing, pour peroxide on your wood cutting boards to kill bacteria
  • Tooth Ache - I gargle with peroxide whenever I feel a sore throat or toothache coming on, works wonders

Check out these links for even more ideas:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...