11.08.2010

Pesto Pizza


One of Jason and my favorite meals is Pesto Pizza from Grimaldi's.  We used to go frequently during the summer because they have half off their bottle of wine (I love wine) but after experimenting a little I have learned to make it at home and save some $$$! 
 
First, start out by making this pesto.  I am lazy and don't toast the pine nuts and use WAY more garlic than they do but this is a great recipe and I love this blog.  Anyway...
 
You will need:
  • Pizza Crust
  • Pesto
  • Mozzarella Cheese (not the shredded kind)
  • Sliced Tomatoes
Preheat your oven to 425. 
Brush your pesto onto whatever pizza crust you choose (we use Boboli because it is good, easy to use, and you can get it cheap at Costco)  If you notice that the olive oil from your pesto is pooling in some places you will want to blot that with a paper towel, otherwise you will end up with soggy pizza.

 
Next, slice some tomatoes to add to your wonderful pizza and throw some fresh mozzarella on top.  I use mozzarella pearls so I don't have to worry about slicing the cheese.

 

 
Toss that sucker in your oven and bake for 20ish minutes.  When your house starts to smell delicious, the pizza is close to being done.  I sometimes like to throw the broiler on for the last minute or two to brown the cheese... this is what you end up with:

 
 
 

 
Is it inappropriate that my portion of pizza is bigger than my plate?  (I didn't think so either) 

Enjoy!


 (This is the mozzarella I use)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...