1.18.2011

French Dip Sandwiches

I love a great french dip sandwich, I mean who doesn't?!?!  Especially one this easy!  I am a HUGE fan of my crock pot and the wonderful things she can create while I am not looking.  One of my favorite treats are these french dip sandwiches.  Easy, cheap, wonderful...

You will need:

  • 3 lb. Roast
  • 1 Can Beef Broth
  • 1 Can French Onion Soup
  • 1 Bottle Dark Beer
  • Rolls
  • Provolone Cheese 

Yes, my roast is frozen.  You can use a frozen roast or a thawed one, they cook the same.  Throw your roast, french onion soup, beef broth, and beer into your crock pot.  Cover and set on low for 6 - 8 hours.  You will want to use a dark beer, one with a good flavor to it to add some depth to the broth.

Once you get home from work (or your 6 - 8 hours is drawing near) open the lid and gently shred the roast.  The meat should almost fall apart on its own.  (If not, let it cook for a little longer)



Next, slice your rolls, top with cheese and pop them into a preheated oven at 350 degrees.   These should cook about 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bun is toasted.



Top with French Dip meat and serve with a side of the Au Jus (yummy broth from the crock pot).  I also love to throw some french fries on the side topped with some Lawry's Seasoning.


That's it.  Such an easy dinner that makes huge portions and reheats well!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Kristen, we are thinking alike today. On my blog (linked to WhoisLaura) I posted my version of a French Dip sandwich (using leftover brisket in my crock pot!) So funny. The design of you blog is beautiful; I enjoyed my visit.

Unknown said...

umm i am hungry now. bring some over?! haha, love you girl!
<3,
Adri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...